Friday, August 25, 2006

A moment out of a hectic life

  Posted by Picasa

We are having a very busy summer, with visitors here for three or four weeks, and so time spent on the computer is somewhat antisocial and thus limited. However, something lovely happened yesterday, which I had to share. While shopping in the village, I bumped into Ann, the membership secretary of Bristol Embroiderers' Guild, who had booked to attend the workshop I ran last month, but was unfortunately forced to miss it due to her husband's ill health. Well, she had met a friend and fellow member at a Christening the previous weekend, and this friend was one of the people who was there. I was delighted to be told that said friend had brought along three items she had made following on from the workshop, adapting the techniques to other items. As I had told the participants that they wwere not allowed to take their items home and hide them away in a cupboard, but to complete them, I was and am very delighted to hear that at least one of them had heeded me!

No comments: