Friday, May 02, 2014

It's been a long time, baby...

I wanted to do a brain storm on the word singular, and then make a word cloud with the results.  I used wordle and got this.  Frustratingly, I couldn't determine how to make "Singular" the most significant, central and largest word in the collection.  Anyone know how to do this?

What do you think?  Click on the image to see it bigger in Wordle.


          title="Wordle: sugular 2">Wordle: sugular 2
             
My good pal Jordi over at Above the GWB told me that repeating the most important word several times was the way to embiggen it, so now you can see Mark 2 for my Singular Wordle.  Now, how can I make that image larger - anyone know, please???

3 comments:

jordi said...

when you create the list that you use to make the wordle, if you enter the word singular multiple times and each of the others only once, it "values" singular more and makes it bigger and more central. You can see how different numbers of entries of the word affect the display til you get one that looks like you want.. good luck..

Sue Krekorian said...

Oh, brilliant, Jordi - I'll have a go. I also have been trying to find a way to import the result to Facebook but they won't play nice. Do you have any ideas about that? Thanks, petal. xxx

jordi said...

ok, this one is a bit harder. If you click the open in Window, you get a window that can be resized. Then if you print it and choose pdf as how to print it.. I have a free program called CutePDF that is great and you will save it as a PDF. I think then you could put it up on Facebook if you want. Facebook is where I know little. I am only marginally there.. good luck and if it is not clear, ask..