Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Quality of Silence, by Rosamund Lupton


Such a brilliant story, a uniquely chilling thriller in an extraordinary setting. It features two resourceful women who ignore all advice to tackle the harshest environment in search of their beloved husband and father while in denial of official reports of his loss.  It is a book of the best, with suspense and danger aplenty.  Meanwhile, mother and daughter learn to know each other anew, revealing strength, intelligence and creativity as both strive for survival in the bitter bleakness of North Alaska in November.  An extraordinary.piece of writing, with a strong message we should all heed.

1 comment:

Willow said...

As I sit here in my cold-to-me house in this mediterranean climate, I can't imagine how cold it would be in Alaska...however, I think I'll look up this book. Hopefully my library will have a copy.