Sunday, December 31, 2006

Last Glimpses of Venice

Some more bite-sized images of Venice, for those of you not yet fed up with my protracted account of our holiday there. It is so good to have these happy days to look back on, during the relentlessly grey and miserable weather and misery of post-flu malaise I'm currently experiencing. The Christmas cards never got written and I feel so fed up about that, because I love receiving news from my friends and family. I will just have to catch up gradually, as and when I can manage it.



The pictures above were taken along the Rio San Trovaso and on the Fondamente delle Zattere, between our palazzo appartment and a pizza restaurant near the docks (because pizza is one of those things you've got to eat in Italy, unless you have a wheat and gluten intolerance, of course).....


These photos were taken during our trip to Murano and Burano. The colourful houses are a feature of Burano and supposedly this tradition grew up so that the fishermen would be able to spot their homes easily while out on the lagoon, at work. They are certainly very picturesque.


1 comment:

Dijanne Cevaal said...

Happy New Year to you too Sue!How lucky to be able to go and see an Assyrian relief nearby! And isn't venice a magic place - especially in November of February.
Dijanne