Thursday, February 15, 2007

Four socks - and a woolly hat

Time has sped by. I've been poorly again, and the computer has been having some behaviour issues: it's worse than the children, sometimes...

Anyway, I haven't been too poorly to knit, most of the time. I finally completed my Potamus socks and am delighted with them. They are knitted in Fyberspates Sock wool, shade Ocean.

In socky mood, I then knit a pair of Kew socks (another Knitty pattern), which was another pleasant pattern to work. I used Lana Grossa - Mega Boots Stretch Shade 704 from Get Knitted
For a change, I then made myself a Sloppy Joe Hat, designed by Woolly Wormhead,, aka Ruth, which I adapted a little by making a bit deeper than the pattern. It's a great hat for stuffing all my hair underneath, or my chignon and hair stick, and it keeps my ears very warm, too. I love it! I used Ruth's space-dyed yarn for it, too.

Now I'm making another pair of Jaywalker socks, in a luscious purple Trekking yarn (also from Get Knitted) with which the pattern works really well. However, I will soon need to diversify - just how many pairs of socks does a girl need? Actually, there are some garments that have caught my eye in the soon-to-be-published Interweave Knits Spring 2007 magazine, and there's only 6 more days until it is due in the shops.....

Blogger is refusing to have anything to do with photographs tonight, so I'll post pictures when permitted - hopefully sooner than later, cos I've got loads more lovely shots of Barcelona, too.

No comments: