Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Some Updates

We are still flood-free here, despite more rain, thank goodness. It is extraordinary to think of the chaos caused by the torrential deluge in this locality just over a week ago, and I'm so sorry that folk in other parts of the country have been having a hard time again due to further flooding in Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Yorkshire.

I have managed to keep up with my daily photo blog, and the new theme for my pictures seems to be unseasonal flowers: we have Sweet William and Pot Daisies blooming in the garden at present. I'm keeping my eyes open for the arrival of frog spawn in the pond - it's early yet, often arrives around the time of my Mum's birthday,which is in a fortnight.

Sarah's dissertation is complete, in the hands of the bookbinders and should be ready for collection tomorrow or Friday morning: such a relief!

No comments: