Friday, June 08, 2007

Hestercombe

Apart from being the HQ of the Somerset Fire Service, Hestercombe is home to a beautiful garden which is being restored. Having visited it a few years ago when it had just been opened to the public, it was interesting to revisit with Sarah, who was interested in architecture and water.

So here is a collage of Hestercombe snapshots, mostly but not exclusively of hard landscaping:-

 
Posted by Picasa


I love the texture of the stone, much of which (if not all) was quarried on site. It is inspiring me to work with these lines in textiles - let's see if the muse continues to influence me.

2 comments:

Stitching with Schnauzer and Siamese said...

Love the lines and marks in these photos, colours are beautifully subtle too.
Best wishes

Maggie

Laural said...

Hi I just found your blog. I too am test knitting the snow white pattern. Have you come across any errors yet?