Thursday, February 03, 2011

On Chestnut Farm


This afternoon I drove to Cheddar - not to buy cheese, nor to see caves or a gorge. The occasion was the first meeting of a Stained Glass workshop, being taught by Richard Pelham of Glastonbury Stained Glass . There were twelve of us, so my fears that the class might not be adequately subscribed were not realised, and I spent a very happy few hours revisiting the pleasures and frustrations of cutting glass (it being nearly a decade since I last practiced this activity). Practice is definitely required, but how enjoyable it was! Richard is a very good teacher who demonstrates and explains the processes very clearly. The company was also excellent, and the surroundings delightful. As I was leaving, I noticed this piece of recycled metal art and a bit of interesting fig topiary across the courtyard,
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gill said...

Wow...love the topiary!

Georgina said...

Hi Sue

What a great photo! I love the recycled metal ... I like a bit of rustic, me! Something quite beautiful about outside art ... will be back regularly!