Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Doors Part 2

 


I love this old door and wall by the Qubba Ba'adiyn and can imagine all sorts of dusty treasures hidden within - or not.

 


Above is an archway into the Qubba itself - a doorway if not a door.

 


I became fascinated by the Hand of Fatima, which is seen in many guises in Morocco. This particularly elegant version is a door knocker at the Stork House, close to the Musee de Marrakesh.

 


This last I have shown before, and I think it is a shutter rather than a door, but I think it is stunning so here it is:-
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful door/shutter.
I will go to look for it.
The doors in Marrakech never cease to amaze me!

Sherry said...

These are so exotic and incredible!

Barrie said...

These are some wonderful pictures. I love the scalloped doorway.